How does it work?
Implanon works in three ways:
- It can prevent ovulation (the release of an egg from the ovary);
- It causes cervical mucus to thicken, which makes it difficult for a sperm to fertilize an egg.; and
- If that action fails, Implanon alters the lining of the uterus.This action is not painful to the woman, but can be deadly to the embryonic human being.
WARNING: You may be told that the Implanon does not cause an abortion. This statement is based on the fact that many doctors decided to change the definition of when pregnancy begins, saying it only begins when the human embryo attaches to the wall of the mother's uterus.. This is dishonest and scientifically false. Don't be misled. Ask to see the product package insert, and you will read for yourself exactly how Implanon works.
Is Implanon safe?
No. Here are someof of the side possible effects:
- irregular and unpredictable bleeding patterns
- slight increase in weight
- pain at the site of the insertion
- breast pain
- increased blood pressure
- increased blood clots
- abdominal pain
- changes in libido
- no menstrual cycle
Implanon offers no protection against sexually transmitted diseases, including AIDS.
What is my best option?
Some people may try to convince you that Implanon is totally without risk. But that is not true. Don't depend on Implanon. It could be harmful to you. It could kill your baby - without you eveN knowing it.
If you're single, abstinence is always your best choice. It isn't always easy, but it alwyas works. By abstaining from sex, you eliminate the possibilty of pregnancy and sexually transmitted disease.
If you're married, be faithful to your spouse. Take time to learn about natural methods for spacing children, which will also increase your awareness of your body and how it works.
Be good to yourself. Don't use Implanon.